- Applicant - Any independent artiste or independent music label that sends in an application to participate in the Awards as per these rules
- Awards - Radio City Freedom Awards, 2016
- Awards Management - Personnel from Music Broadcast Limited (MBL) or appointed / engaged by, MBL who are responsible for the conduct of the awards
- Screening and final Jury - Group of persons selected by Awards Management to determine the Nominees and winner
- KPMG - KPMG in India: Process Advisors & Evaluators for these Awards, as amended from time to time
- Independent Artiste - Music created and owned by artists independent of records labels
- Nominee - Any organization short-listed to be evaluated by the Final Jury
- Owner of the Awards - Music Broadcast Limited
- Rules and Regulations - These rules and regulations governing the Awards
The Radio City Freedom Awards is a recognition platform dedicated to Indian Independent musicians and musicianship. The objective of the awards is to honor and applaud Independent Music created by musicians across genres.
- Entities - All Indian independent artiste / independent Music Labels having intellectual property rights over music for the music / album are permitted to participate in the awards i.e. entities with a registered address in India.
- Period - The participating song/album must have been officially released in India between April 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016.
- Language - The language of consideration for the Awards is any Indian Language. However entries in English language can be submitted only by a person of Indian origin. There is no restriction for participating or submitting entries in any Indian Language with an exception of English language.
- Re-releases, remixes and compilation albums which feature songs originally released before the eligibility period are not considered for the Awards.
- Any person of Indian Origin and competent to enter into a contract as per Indian Contract Act, 1872 can be eligible to submit the entry as participant. The only exception to this criteria are mentioned below:
• In case of Fusion category the main lead should be of Indian Origin, other members may be of different countries
• In case of Young Indie Artist Category the upper age limit is upto 21 years with no lower age limit. However if the participant is below 18 years, the nomination form should be duly signed by the Parent/Guardian.
• It should be further noted that in case of Young Indie Artist category the age of the artist as on the date of release will be considered for determination of eligibility for the award
The Award categories may be changed / modified / increased or reduced / cancelled based on the level of responses received, at the discretion of Awards Management/ Jury at their discretion. Award categories proposed for the award are:
Music Genre based categories
- Best Hip-Hop/Rap Artist
- Best Folk Fusion Artist
- Best Pop Artist
- Best Rock Artist
- Best Metal Artist
- Best Electronica Artist
- Best Young Indie Artist/Band
- Best Indie Collaboration of the Year
Non Music Genre Based Categories
- Best Video
- Best Album Art
- Indie Genius – Person of the Year
Entry can be entered in only one of the music categories however can participate in both the Non music genre based categories
Receipt of entry
- MBL will call for entries from Indepdent artistes / Independent Music Labels directly or through public notice or through industry based communication networks for the aforementioned award categories.
- Application form will be available to the participants on www.planetradiocity.com. Alternative interested participants can write to email@example.com to seek the copy of application form
- Music which conforms to each of the Award categories can participate in the same; music which is largely not attributable to the listed categories would not be permitted to participate. Determination of the same is at the discretion of the award management.
- Categorization of songs will be approved by the award management of MBL. MBL retains the right to re-categorize an entry into a particular award category based on the assessment genre of music by MBL award management or jury
- Independent artiste /Music labels may be contacted for further information regarding their nomination as and when required. In case of failure to provide the desired information within the required timeline, the entry could be disqualified from further participation.
- The Application Form needs to be completed and signed by the independent artiste / music label
- Applicant will be required to submit the music for the relevant entry in CDs along with the details of proof of release. Proof of release can be the certificate from music platforms on which the songs or albums were released or screen shot of social media page clearly highlighting the release date
- Incomplete Application Forms received in any manner will disqualify the applicant from participating in the Awards
- Entries will be accepted in English only.
- Receipt of entries after last date of receipt specified may be permitted only at the discretion of the Awards Management
- Awards Management will not be responsible for Application Forms that are lost in transit / received late
- Any music in violation of Indian Copyright Act, 1957 and amendments thereto or any other dispute pending before a court of law will not be permitted to participate in the Awards. If during the course of the Awards, it is discovered that an entry/winner has a dispute registered against it in a court of law, the Awards Management reserves the right to declare an entry/winner ineligible and/or withhold any Award until the dispute is resolved.
- Participants confirm and acknowledge that once the form is submitted the same cannot be withdrawn for any reason whatsoever.
- Proof of release, declaration of original work, nationality proof, age proof (for Best Young Artiste category) are compulsory to be submitted along with the entry
- In absence of any of the above information the entry can be disqualified
- Entries received will be assessed by the award management to check the adherence to the rules defined. Disqualification of entries received is at the sole discretion of Awards Management, on a case by case basis. Award management is not liable to respond to the participant about reasons for rejecting a particular entry
- If at any time, any information provided by any Applicant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Applicant will not be permitted to continue participation in the Awards
- If after the conclusion of the Award ceremony, any information provided by any Applicant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the applicant will be liable to return the prize / prize money provided to the Applicant under this Award, if any
- Determination of whether information is incorrect or not rests with Awards Management and decision made by Awards Management shall be final and binding on the Applicant, which shall be acceptable to Applicant without any dispute or demur.
- Awards Management has the right to ask for proof of information provided / audit the information provided in the Application Form. If such a request is made and the Applicant does not comply, the Applicant could be disqualified from participation at the Awards
Determination of top 5 nominees
- The respective screening Juries will evaluate the collated list of eligible entries and determine up to 5 short-listed nominees for pre defined award categories.
- Screening jury will be requested to the score every entry on the scale of 1 to 10 points (10 being the best).
- Screening jury’s response will be collated and tabulated by ‘Process Advisors and Evaluators’ to determine the top 5 nominees in the pre-defined categories.
- In order to maintain high standards of the Awards, the Jury may decide not to nominate any entry in one or more categories.
- Final jury will evaluate Top 5 nominees for each of the award category.
- Final jury will be requested to score every entry on the scale of 1 to 10 points (10 being the best).
- Final jury’s response will be collated and tabulated by ‘Process Advisors and Evaluators’ to determine the winner in each of the pre-defined categories.
- The respective screening Juries will evaluate the collated list of entries and determine up to 5 short-listed nominees for pre defined award categories.
- Screening jury will be requested to score every entry on the scale of 1 to 10 points (10 being the best).
- There could be one or more Winners in each category, at the discretion of the Final Jury
- The Jury’s decision is final and binding on all Nominees
- Applicants understand and agree that mere participation in the Awards does not entitle Applicants to win a prize
- The Jury may decide, in order to maintain high standards of these awards, that there could be no Winner in a particular category
Winner determination – Popular choice awards
- Top 5 nominees shortlisted by screening jury in each award category will be eligible for online public voting
- Based on maximum number of votes received, winner will be determined for the popular award category
- Incase of tie, there could be one or more Winners in each category
- By participating in the Awards process in any manner, the applicant is deemed to have read, understood and unconditionally accepted the terms of the Rules & Regulations of the Awards which may be updated from time to time.
- While all attempts will be made by the Awards Management to reach out to all Independent Artistes and Independent Music labels, with registered offices in India either directly or indirectly, there is a possibility of missing potential participants due to the fragmented spread of the music industry in India. The Awards Management cannot be held accountable for the same.
- Awards Management accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or any third Parties.
- Talent shall comply with Indian Copyright Act, 1957 and amendments thereto and shall be solely responsible for any consequences which may arise due to any kind of Infringement of copyrights or any kind of intellectual property rights belonging to any other person /entity etc. and also undertake to indemnify the jury and the Awards Management, its associates/affiliates, Directors, Officers, Employees, etc. on the happening of such an event (including without limitation cost of Attorney, Legal Charges etc.) on full indemnity basis
- The material/ songs/ lyrics/ music received along with the entries shall be retained by Awards Management and shall not be returned to the Entrant. This material shall not be used for any purpose except for Jury assessment requirements. However MBL reserves its right to use the material/ songs/ lyrics/ music of the participant for promotional purpose only, across mass mediums and the same shall be acceptable by participant without any protest/objection or demur.
- The process is not subject to review by any participant at any point of time. MBL Awards Management will not entertain any communication in this regard from any participant.
- Decision of Awards Management on all matters is final and binding on all Applicants and Nominees and no correspondence will be entertained on the same
- Nominees and Winners permit free of cost the use of their name and factual information about their application and entry(s) in the public media (for the build-up to the Awards, during the Awards ceremony, etc) and do not have any right to any revenues earned through intellectual property rights generated by the Awards, if any
- MBL and award Process Advisors and Evaluators will not be liable for any claims / disputes made by the Applicant or Nominee in relation to the Awards
- The Awards Management cannot and shall not be accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards. The Company and its contractors can not be held responsible for matters out of its control including but not limited to force majeure reasons.
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the Awards shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai, India
- The Applicants and Nominees agree that they shall hold harmless the Awards Management, its employees, officers, contractors or other persons and shall defend them against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability arising out of or in connection with any or all claims whether or not groundless, that may be brought against the Awards Management by any third party in connection with participation in or winning the Award.
- Employees of MBL are not allowed to participate in the awards
- Awards Management reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the Awards at any time, with retrospective effect, and does not take the responsibility for any loss or damage that any person / organization / Applicant / Nominee may suffer as a result of the Awards being withdrawn or its terms amended
- Application to the Awards will be construed as an acceptance of the rules and regulations stated herein and the Application Form signed by the Applicants would signify their acceptance of these Rules and Regulations.
- If Applicants are unclear as to the rules or any element of the Awards or experience difficulties of any kind, they can write in their questions, problems or queries to the following address:
Radio City Freedom Awards, 3rd Floor, RNA Corporate Park, KalaNagar, Bandra (East), Mumbai 400051. Tel: 022 3328 4800
- The Awards Management shall endeavor, but not be liable, to the best of its ability to respond thereto.